It’s just happened. He or she has just popped the question we all want to hear and now you have this gorgeous ring on your finger. This is where you usually start panicking. It is such an important part of any ones life, but now the planning has to start and there’s nothing more stressful than planning a wedding. Even though you have planned this day in your head since you were very young, the reality that it is here for real is a lot to handle and on top of all that, you now have a wedding to plan. However, help is here and please read on to find 5 top tips to help you plan the most important day of your life.
- Choosing A Style – What style of wedding do you want for your big day, old fashioned or modern? Remember that this day is about the two of you and not just what you want. The other person has been dreaming of this day also and they might have some ideas as well. There are many things to think about like where you are going to get married. In the countryside or in the city? Are you going to get married locally or are you going to travel to an exotic location? Do you want a small wedding or a huge celebration of your love? In a church or on the beach? Discuss these with your partner before moving to the next step.
- Make A List – You really do need to make a list. Write down all he things that you feel you need to do for the big day. Then order your list of what’s really important and we can’t do without, right down to what we could add if there is any money left over. One of the most important decisions is where you are going to hold your reception and if Australia is your country of choice, then you are probably looking for a wedding venue in Sydney.
- Set A Date – Then there’s the date of your wedding. You don’t want to have it on a day that will take focus off your day, so try not to pick national holidays and remember the weather. What time of the year you choose may be too hot or too cold and if it is to be held outdoors, you really need to think about this a lot more. The wedding photographer has to be booked and remember, there pictures will be all you have to remind you of your day, so choose wisely and don’t be afraid to spend a little more and get the best.
- Work Out The Budget – When the list has been completed, you have to put a price on everything. You have a budget and you must stick to it. It will be tempting to get additional items because you are caught up in the moment and you may not have thought of some things until you see them in a shop or magazine. Be strong and stick to your list and that of your partners. Once you have your budget set up, it helps you to make important choices such as the venue, the number of people you can invite to your wedding and who you will hire to supply items for the occasion.
- Pick A Location – Pick where you want to have your wedding first. If you pick your date first, then some places might not be available on that day. Many people make this mistake and then need to change the date of their big day. Try to be flexible.
Exciting times are ahead of you, but stay calm and collected and your big day will turn out just the way you wanted it to be. Good luck.